Would you like to see your travel writing, photos, or video published? We can help you! You can guest post or write for us.
Vixus.me is one of the largest travel media and publication house, a hybrid of a travel encyclopedia, FREE destination travel guides, and long-form travel blogs.
We are looking for volunteers and guest writers from all walks of life (travel bloggers, gap year students, couple travelers, published travel book authors, solo travelers, etc.) to write for us.
In return, you’ll get to:
- Write and publish in your name on Vixus.me
- You get to link back to your social and/or blog
- You get to make new connections with other travel writers and hardcore travelers
We have put together a neat infographic that you can share with your friends which highlight Vixus.me’s open platform publishing policy. All are welcome.
Become A Travel Writer
The travel industry is rapidly changing. People are traveling more and often. International and adventure travel is a rising trend. This is all good news but this also means, more pollution, more destruction of nature, fewer quieter places and too many photos of almost every place on this earth.
Since the world is no more a virgin territory, it is important to first think what stories you want to tell? Which photographs or story angle is novel. What can you tell us that our readers don’t already know?
To find out, first look at our “What to Write” page.
Share Your Perspective
Read some of the published blog posts. There is a lot of content and topics that we need help with. For example, are you a movie lover? Are you a sci-fi fan? Can you explain the movie plots of some of these time travel films?
Or, can you write the summary of some of these travel movies, books, and documentaries?
Similarly, have you been to a place that evoked powerful emotions in you? Tell that story. Have you been to a beautiful national park, a remote or extreme place, a long bicycle ride that tells a story?
These can be essays, blog posts or time-sensitive newsworthy topics, such as advice about an upcoming event, or a write-up to bring social awareness to a certain destination.
Lastly, there is no end to creativity. The more you brainstorm, the more ideas you’ll have. Just pick up your pen and begin outlining.
Tell Us What You Can Offer
Take a look at the above infographic. The second way to get your content published on the site is to approach us with your own ideas, simply by emailing us through the Contact page with your pitch. If we like what we see, you’ll usually receive a response from us within 7-10 business days.
Guest Submission Process
If we have already covered the topic or your guest post idea, our team of professional travel writers will be in touch right away to suggest possible tweaks, so you can’t really go wrong.
A pitch should be an outline of your idea not to exceed a few hundred words. Please do not send a complete article, essay or blog post until we have requested it.
Once you’ve delivered your first draft, we’ll provide you feedback and tell you what (if anything) needs to be changed to make it publishable.
Your work will be published along with your name. If you are a regular contributor, you’ll have an author biography page (if you request for it).
Often times, we ask for high-quality photos to go along with the submitted posts.
Note: Individual photo files should be no larger than 200 – 250 KB. Smaller the size, the better, because the smaller the page size, the faster the web page will load. Plus, faster websites make a happy user experience.
All photos should be either your own work or in the Public domain or properly attributed to the original creator or tagged with the appropriate license .
How To Give Proper Image Attribution
For all Creative Commons photos used in a post, please follow this attribution template:
Example: Photo [hyperlink] by/ CC BY [hyperlink]
Because, you need to mention these 4 things:
Title? Title is not noted but the source is linked from text “Photo” which is good enough
Author? “author name”
Source? “Photo” – linked to original source page
License? “CC BY” – linked to license
Become a Photo Journalist
There is a third way you can contribute to Vixus.me. You can become a Photojournalist for us. This is a growing trend. Best of it, it doesn’t have to be a recent event. We are not a news site.
Photojournalism is a form of storytelling that employs images in order to tell a story. It can be a combination of still images, videos, and words. Your primary role as a photojournalist is to be a visual storyteller. By photographing, editing, and presenting images, you can tell a story in a way that no other media can.
Benefits of Being a Photojournalist
- You can become a freelance photographer and sell your photos to various agencies and networks
- If you are in the journalism profession, this work can be highlighted on your resume
- Reach a wide audience and touch people’s heart with your powerful visual storytelling
- Satisfy and answer your inner calling, let the creative juice flow
Write for Other Humans
The subject matter can vary greatly, from local civic issues, national political races to social unrest in a foreign country. Alternatively, you can cover wildlife, local flora, and fauna, changing weather patterns, a city’s skyline, sunrise and sunsets, eclipse, timelapse videos, and much much more.
The photographs or videos serve the purpose of enhancing the story for the reader or viewer.
The photojournalist writing for Vixus.me is more of a writer and photographer than a news reporter. (Although you can certainly be a travel news reporter or a field journalist).
We need a lot of street photographers, documentary photographers, black and white photographers, and ruin photographers. Through street photography, you can also focus on people and their behavior in public, thereby also recording people’s history.
How to Promote Your Work
The more people read and learn about Vixus.me, the more exposure you will get to your content on our site and also about your own personal brand. We promote you. You promote our platform. That way, it serves us both in a win-win way.
Below are few ways you can help promote Vixus.me and therefore your contributions to our platform:
- Word of mouth:Tell your friends about Vixus.me – especially if you know they are into traveling and/or travel-writing.
- Link to Us:If you have a blog or personal site, please link back to us and to your guest post. Mutual back-linking sends a positive signal to Google and other search engines.
- Link from Us: We do this for you by linking to your site and/or social media.
- Write good content.The better your travel content is, the more people will come back to it and talk about it, and even recommend it to their friends. There is no better way to gain bigger audience than to write valuable, helpful and easy-to-read content.
- Write popular content.Watch for popular topics and destinations that people want to know about – lists of top destinations in newspapers and travel magazines, places in the news, etc. Make sure you focus on such topics/destinations in your pitch and final submission.
- Mention us:If you write for a travel magazine, a newsletter, or a Website, try submitting an article about Vixus.me to that publication. Please feel free to list yourself as a regular contributor to Vixus.me platform. Afterall, we are a globally distributed group of travel enthusiasts trying to serve other travel enthusiasts. And, to be helpful to a larget set of people, it helps to get help from other bigger publications, magazines, or platforms.