With a lesser number of flights taking off per day, travel restrictions by state governments and general fear over contracting and spreading coronavirus through air travel, getting on an aircraft is out of the question for most of the travellers at this time. However, this doesn’t mean that vacations are entirely on hold.
Many countries in the world are still not promoting non-essential travel. But the frustration and boredom of being confined to the home for months has actually pushed travellers in India to take a break as soon as the option becomes available and viable.
This is high time when the travel agency is looking to make up for their losses. To promote their trips & packages they post a travel banner on their sites with multiple offers. You should search for these sites and take benefits from them.
As time is passing by, people are stepping out of their homes and heading towards their favourite destinations using their own vehicles.
Less-frequented destinations within driving distance will trump packed flights to hotspots. Hill stations like Shimla, Manali, Dharamshala, Rishikesh, Lonavala and Mahabaleshwar will likely be popular early choices for those in the metros.
In the present scenario, travellers should opt for safer options such as cars, buses, etc. So, pack your own snacks for the journey so you don’t have to stop at food courts. For online bus booking, ixigo is the best place to be at! You can download the app or go on the website and avail some of the best offers.
One should check out medical infrastructure in advance. If someone develops Covid symptoms, you need to know where to go locally and should also avoid public restrooms.
It would be really helpful, if you can assemble a road trip Corona kit to practice safe hygiene and social distancing wherever required. Some of the essentials include disposable rubber gloves, disinfecting wipes, multiple face masks or face coverings, hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol, bleach, and a chemically-resistant spray bottle.
Keep your vehicle sanitized inside-out or ask your bus operator to keep sanitizing the bus in regular intervals. Door handles, seatbelts, gear shift, emergency brake, steering wheel, turn signals, phone chargers, seat adjusters, and every other knob and button that are constantly in touch are potential sources to transmit coronavirus. The good news is that you and your family likely will be the only ones in your car unless you park in a garage, get valeted, or have to get service of some type. The risk is that every time you get back into your car from the grocery store, eating at a restaurant, fueling up, or checking out of your hotel you could be bringing the virus into your car with you.
Use disinfecting wipes to clean down all of your high-contact surfaces every time you get back into your car, and wash or sanitize your hands before getting in. On any road trip your car is your safe space.
One of the simplest ways to avoid the risk of contracting coronavirus while traveling is to avoid doing the same thing more than once, like trips to grocery stores, petrol pumps, and hitting up the market. Think carefully about the length of your trip, consumption rates, your activities, and plan and pack what you’ll need in advance, especially essentials like medications, snacks, water bottles, etc. This might mean pushing the limits of your trunk, stuffing some soft goods under the seats, but it will make you as self-sufficient as possible thereby maximizing your social distancing potential. It also ensures that you’ll spend more time doing the things you got out of the house and on the road to do in the first place instead of needlessly replenishing supplies.
Some of the other precautions and safety measures are given below –
1. Keep a pack of disposable tissues, sanitizers and gloves. Carry extra sanitizers and masks.
- Carry extra disposable bags to dispose of your waste on the way.
- Carry extra drinking water. If you have to refill, which you should avoid, do so from verified places only. Instead, buy packaged drinking water.
- Pack light and extra clothes for your trip. Keep cover-ups and scarves on the top so that you can use these more frequently.
5. It’s better to keep washable footwear.
7. Keep a list of COVID hospitals, care centres, testing centres, helpline numbers ready. This research work should be done. Download Aarogya Setu App and keep track of people near you.
- Keep changing your mask every 10 hours.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, mouth with non-sanitized hands.
10. Carry food, fruits, dry snacks from home. Avoid eating at roadside stalls.
11. Carry disposable cutlery so that you can discard them in disposable bags after use.
12. Always choose digital payments as much as possible.
13. Maintain social distancing while travelling.
- Quarantine as per the guidelines if you are crossing states.
For better bus booking deals, download ixigo travel app and get the seat of your choice ASAP!
Have a safe journey!
Stay Connect with Travel blog